[Qt-creator] How to depend on Qt Creator target

Marcel Gotsch gotschmarcel at gmail.com
Wed May 31 11:23:22 CEST 2017

Hello,

I’m building a plugin for the Qt Creator and cannot figure out how to get qmake to depend on the Qt Creator target.
I want that the Qt Creator target is automatically build before the plugin is build. The qtcreator.pri seems to be included
by the qtcreatorplugin.pri, so the target should be available.

Another question that comes up is how the plugin can be distributed to users. I have some people that would like to use
the plugin, but currently they would have to build the plugin themselves. Also, are they required to use same Qt Creator
source code version as their installed Qt Creator has?

Any help is really appreciated :)

Best,
Marcel