[Qt-creator] Clang Static Analyzer does not find STL headers

Christian Gagneraud chgans at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 23:29:53 CET 2017

On 4 November 2017 at 06:07, Nikolai Kosjar <nikolai.kosjar at qt.io> wrote:
> On 11/03/2017 11:06 AM, Benjamin TERRIER wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an arm-none-eabi gcc toolchain. I have successfully configured Qt
>> Creator
>> to use it in a Kit and was able to use it to build QBS projects.
>>
>> However, when I try to run the static analyzer, clang does not find
>> the standard headers:
>>
>>      main.cpp:9:10: fatal error: 'cstring' file not found
>>
>> A solution is to add the include paths of the standard headers in the
>> QBS project:
>>
>>      cpp.includePaths: [
>>
>> ".../toolchain/arm/arm-gnu-toolchain/arm-none-eabi/include/c++/6.3.1",
>>          ".../toolchain/arm/arm-gnu-toolchain/arm-none-eabi/include",
>>      ]
>>
>> But this is a bit ugly.
>>
>> Is there some configuration I missed (I guess not since the build
>> works), or is it a known bug ?

Are you trying to substitute a gcc cross-compiler with a native clang compiler?

Have you tried to use gcc's -isysroot that point to the tooolchain
installation prefix?

There's as well a few clang-static-analyser and/or scan-build options
such as --analyzer-target --triplet, ...
I don't have the recipe at hand, but AFAIR you need to tell clang that
this is cross compiled.

Chris