[Qt-creator] Questions regarding the new implementation of run controls (QtC 4.4)

Pascal COMBES pascom at orange.fr
Tue Oct 3 18:40:09 CEST 2017

Hello,
	Thanks, André, for answering. I spent yesterday evening re-thinking to
the design of the plugin. I may not need the change in Qt Creator, but
this involves deeper changes in my plugin.
	I have another question, because some new point came to my mind:
Is there still a way to trigger some actions before any run
control/worker starts running, like could be done with the signal
ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::runControlStarted() ? The signal
ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::aboutToExecuteProject() is not
accurate enough: I don't know which run control is executed. And
implementing a custom worker and using registerWorker() means
overrinding the behaviour implemented by all other workers (of which I
may be unaware).
	Thanks for answering. Best regards,
Pascal.