[Qt-creator] New file manager panel.

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Oct 16 09:18:36 CEST 2017

> On 15. Oct 2017, at 11:27, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 14 October 2017 at 01:41, Oleg Shalnev <oleg.shalnev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> May be I am wrong, but I think that new TreeView is confusing a little.
>
> Maybe you just need to use the combo box at the top of the tree view
> to choose the right "root directory" for the job.
>
> Chris
>
> PS: Haven't tried the new QtC yet, just judging from your screenshots .

Since syncing to the editor seems to be on, the file system view should change the root directory to the best root directory automatically. If you have a project open that contains that file in a subdirectory, then there is probably a bug somewhere.

If you in general mean that it expands the tree, and if you end up deep in the hierarchy the actual file name is far to the right, then

- That is how currently all the tree style views work, also the projects view. Of course that doesn’t mean that this is a great thing per se, but I haven’t heard anyone complaining about it for e.g. the projects tree yet.
- Could be investigated to do at least some horizontal scrolling automatically if that happens (e.g. scrolling to try to avoid the name being displayed more then 1/3rd to the right).
- There also already has been the suggestion that it should be possible to manually change the display root to another directory, which I think makes sense.

Br, Eike

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH