[Qt-creator] Migration from QtCreator 4.5 to 4.6

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Apr 12 08:49:00 CEST 2018

> On Apr 11, 2018, at 16:10, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> When I said it "probably won't matter" I was referring to "> Why are you using some random pre-release state? That makes little sense. If you build yourself, you should use the current state of the 4.6 branch."
>
> My point is the QML parser commits were not included in the 4.6 branch, they went into master, so unless cherry picked into 4.6.1, only 4.7 branch will have them.

The issue with Qbs files that the OP in this thread has have nothing to do with the QML parser change that went into master that you mention here, but with an issue that was taken care of in the 4.6 branch before the 4.6.0 release. See the bugreport that I linked.

When I open a Qbs project with the 4.6.0 release, “import qbs.Environment” and path/pathList properties work fine.

So one should really use current state of 4.6 branch or v4.6.0 when building from source. Looks like the github mirroring started failing, so the source from there is out of date.

eike.ziller at qt.io
http://qt.io