[Qt-creator] C++ Code Style and empty lines

Benjamin TERRIER b.terrier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 23:20:36 CET 2018

> On 15/02/18 13:59, Benjamin TERRIER wrote:

>>> Hi, Benjamin
>>>
>>> Tools menu / Options menu item / Text Editor entry in the list on the
>>> left /
>>> Behaviour tab / Cleanups Upon Saving control group
>>>

>> I know about this, I even talk about this in my email.
>>
>> My concern is about the auto indent function (Right Click >
>> Auto-indent Selection)
>

> If you don't save the file after auto-indenting it, then how did you end up
> with spaces in empty lines unless you didn't enable cleanup-on-save?

Again, I am not asking about the "cleanup on save" feature.
And I never said I ended up with spaces on empty lines *after* saving the file.

I am asking if there is a way to configure the auto-indent feature so
that it does not
generate extra spaces on empty lines.

The fact that the "cleanup on save" feature, when enabled (with or
without the clean indent option
checked), needs to clean up what the auto indent feature just did,
just proves that as-is
the auto-indent feature is bugged (if not configurable).

I do not expect the auto-indent feature to add whitespaces that need
to be cleaned.
I would rather expect the "cleanup on save" and auto indent features to produce,
or at least try to produce, the same result.