[Qt-creator] How to put custom build steps into Git?

Orgad Shaneh orgads at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 16:19:20 CEST 2018

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 5:12 PM Murphy, Sean <smurphy at walbro.com> wrote:

> > Can you make use of the .pro.shared file for that?
> > http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-sharing-project-settings.html
>
> I just stumbled across that option yesterday, and I'm trying to work
> through it
> to see if it works. Based on where those values are placed in the
> .pro.user file,
> I'm not sure if it's going to work, as it seems like the XML chunk I need
> to copy
> out of the .pro.user also contains some absolute paths as well as includes
> things
> like the targeted Qt version. For the project we're working on, we don't
> have a
> hard requirement that all developers must be using the same Qt version, and
> the stuff I'm trying to put into the shared settings certainly doesn't
> depend on
> Qt versions at all. But I'm not sure that I can chunk out what I need in a
> sensible
> way that will work on someone else's machine.
>
> I'll post back once I know more...

If you want to use a shared file, you'll need to deploy shared kits for all
the developers. This can be done using sdktool. We've been using it for
years, and it works well (although not easy to maintain, for example when
adding a build configuration to the shared file...)

But I agree with Tobias. Your requirements are easier to do by using the
build system itself instead of Qt Creator.

- Orgad