[Qtce-preview-feedback] Failure to build executables for Windows CE 5.0 / Qt-WinCE-preview-4.4.0

Maik Friedmann maik.friedmann at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:40:07 CET 2008

Hi,
I am working on developing an application for my handheld device
(Windows CE 5.0, Intel, ARM920T-PXA27x [M3 Mobile Compia]) using
qt-wince.
I installed qt-wince-preview-commercial-src-4.4.0-siesta for the
platform wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 without errors.
When installing QtVS2005WinCEIntegration_tp1, there were some errors:
 - Can not register formeditor1.dll!
 - The VS integration of Qt could not be initialized!
But the installation completed successfully.

On the development machine Windows XP Pro (SP2) and Standart SDK 5.0
is installed.
When I wanted to open the demo projects from command prompt (devenv
textedit.vcproj), it gives the error:
 - The VS integration of Qt could not be initialized!

Using Visual Studio 2005, "Start Debugging" gives the error:
 - Unable to start program '%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\textedit\textedit.exe'
Using Visual Studio 2005, "Start Without Debugging" gives the error:
 - 0x800700C1

The dll's (msvcr80d, QtCored4, QtGuid4) and textedit.exe is
successfully deployed to the target device automatically with
ActiveSync.
When I opened the textedit.exe on the device, the following error is given:
 - 'textedit' is not a valid Windows CE Application.

I can not find the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Maik