[Qtce-preview-feedback] Qt and Windows CE 5.0 TrueType Problem

George H. Locktish ghlocktish at praxiseng.com
Fri Mar 21 18:43:17 CET 2008

I am attempting to run my Qt application on a Windows CE device.  I have
built a debug version of the OS using Platform Builder, and each time I
run my Qt application on the device I receive a DEBUGCHK in
truetype.cpp.

The DEBUGCHK message from Platform Builder is:

Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file
c:\macallan\private\winceos\coreos\gwe\mgdi\tt\mgtt\truetype.cpp at line
1590

This DEBUGCHK occurs immediately upon startup of the Qt application and
the application fails to display once I receive this message.

I wish to run the OS in debug mode to receive debug messages about some
of the device drivers in the system that I am also developing.

Here is information about my setup:

- OS: Windows CE 5.0 (built in debug mode)

- IDE: Platform Builder for Windows CE 5.0 for the OS.  Visual Studio
2005 for building my Qt application.

- Device: Sophia Sandgate II-G

- Qt Version: 4.4.0 tech preview 2

- The configure command used to build Qt:

   C:\Qt\4.4.0-tp2\configure.exe -platform win32-msvc2005 -xplatform
wince50standard-armv4i-msvc2005 -stl -static

- I have added to my OS design the Standard SDK Catalog Component, and
inside Visual Studio I build my Qt application using the STANDARDSDK_500
(ARMV4I) solution platform.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

George