[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt 5.2 release team meeting 04.11.2013

Heikkinen Jani Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Mon Nov 4 16:49:12 CET 2013


Meeting minutes from Qt 5.2.0 release team meeting 04.11.2013:

-        Qt5.2 schedule updated as informed last week

o   Merge from stable to rel: 11th Nov 2013

o   String freeze: 11th Nov 2013

o   Release Candidate: 19th Nov 2013

o   Final Release: 3rd Dec 2013

-        Qt5.2 error situation

o   0 Blocker issues open

o   49 Critical issues open

o   72 listed Issues to be fixed before Qt5.2 RC1 release (37 open), see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33863

§  Please inform Jani if you see some blocker is missing from that list or if there is some non-blocking items in the list

-        Qt5 change files

o   It was decided that people should use the [Changelog: ] tag in the commit message, see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-July/011785.html

o   Thiago will write a script to parse those tagged changes & create initial change files

§  Maintainers needs to check if script finds all important changes & update change files when needed!

§  To be figured out how to update the changelog after the changes land in the releases branch

-        Next meeting Mon 11th Nov 2013 13:00 CET



IRC log below:
[17:00:29] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: sahumada: thiago: fkleint: ZapB_: tronical: ramotyka: wolfgang-b: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: ping
[17:00:41] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:46] <kkoehne> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:05] <peter-h> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:48] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt 5.2 release team meeting
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> Qt5.2 updated schedule
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> Qt5.2 packaging status
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> Qt5.2 error situation
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> Qt5.2 change files
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3> Any additional items to agenda?
[17:02:49] <vladimirM> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:55] <wolfgang-b> jaheikki3, pong
[17:04:15] <jaheikki3> OK, let's start from new 5.2 schedule
[17:04:39] <jaheikki3> I sent mail to releasing list last wednesday
[17:05:10] <jaheikki3> Because beta1 was delayed I wanted to update schedule as well
[17:05:34] <jaheikki3> Nobody complains so I already updated new dates to http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.2-release
[17:05:55] <jaheikki3> New dates are: Merge from stable to rel: 11th Nov 2013
[17:05:55] <jaheikki3> String freeze: 11th Nov 2013
[17:05:55] <jaheikki3> Release Candidate: 19th Nov 2013
[17:05:55] <jaheikki3> Final Release: 3rd Dec 2013
[17:07:06] <jaheikki3> Any comments?
[17:07:58] <thiago> no
[17:08:00] <thiago> they look fine
[17:08:57] <jaheikki3> OK, Matti will sent warning about coming merge to development list tomorrow
[17:09:24] <jaheikki3> Then latest packaging status, iieklund^
[17:10:05] <vladimirM> is there some specific scope for changes coming in before Nov 11th?
[17:10:20] <thiago> I will send the header review today
[17:10:35] <vladimirM> We have an important change in our QPA which we need to take in
[17:10:37] <thiago> I expect all maintainers to review their modules before the Nov 11th branch & merge
[17:10:48] <thiago> as in "review & correct any issues found"
[17:11:16] <thiago> I will write the changelog script after my sessions are done in Dev Days
[17:11:25] <thiago> so, during the next weekend
[17:11:41] <thiago> vladimirM: as usual, the sooner the better
[17:12:01] <thiago> after the branch, releases is for release-critical stuff (tasks with P0, P1 and important P2s)
[17:12:33] <vladimirM> yeh, sounds familiar…. ;-)
[17:12:37] <vladimirM> thanks
[17:13:31] <jaheikki3> I think iieklund isn't here now so we don't get latest packaging status :(
[17:14:47] <jaheikki3> what I know there were some issues during weekend, let's hope those are now solved and we could get new snapshots tomorrow
[17:15:13] <jaheikki3> At least qt5.git is integrated today so there will be new content in when we have new packages
[17:16:08] <jaheikki3> OK, then quick overview to error situation
[17:16:28] <jaheikki3> 0 Blocker issues open
[17:16:28] <jaheikki3> 49 Critical issues open
[17:16:28] <jaheikki3> 72 listed Issues to be fixed before Qt5.2 RC1 release (37 open), see https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33863
[17:16:58] <jaheikki3> Comments/Questions?
[17:17:35] <thiago> looks good to me :-)
[17:18:21] <jaheikki3> There is quite much inflow every day so I think that list will change all the time...
[17:18:28] <fkleint> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33674 should probably be removed
[17:19:35] <fkleint> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-33782 is also a bit questionable.. probably has never worked
[17:19:47] <fkleint> but  ok, I don't think we should go through all of them now
[17:20:34] <jaheikki3> fkleint: OK, thanks. I'll browse those through and remove those which aren't plocking the release
[17:21:06] <fkleint> yes
[17:21:11] <jaheikki3> And please inform me if you find something else isn't blocking the release
[17:21:15] <fkleint> hehe
[17:22:03] <fkleint> How would the lone ranger have solved this...
[17:23:23] <jaheikki3> And if you notice some blockers missing from list add it there or inform me
[17:24:10] <jaheikki3> I think that is enough from errors...
[17:24:16] <jaheikki3> Then change files
[17:24:29] <jaheikki3> I think it was decided that people should use the [Changelog: ] tag in the commit message, see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2013-July/011785.html
[17:24:40] <jaheikki3> Sergio checked the usage of [Changelog] tag: only 38 changes out of 1542 have the [Changelog] tag in the commit message 
[17:24:53] <thiago> that's fine
[17:25:07] <thiago> as I said, I'll write the script during the next weekend
[17:25:23] <thiago> the update for the changelog should be one of the first few changes to the releases branch
[17:26:57] <jaheikki3> thiago: Ok, and when the script is ready maintainest should check if it finds all important changes, right?
[17:27:03] <thiago> the rate of changes to the changelog should increase in the releases branch
[17:27:33] <thiago> yes
[17:28:56] <jaheikki3> OK. I don't have anything else.
[17:29:31] <jaheikki3> Is there someting else or just next meeting?
[17:30:08] <thiago> we'll need to figure out later how to update the changelog after the changes land in the releases branch
[17:30:24] <thiago> we might want to bypass the CI if the change is just to the changelog file
[17:30:46] <fkleint> ;-)
[17:31:13] <jaheikki3> that's fine for me at least
[17:32:20] <jaheikki3> Anything else?
[17:33:24] <jaheikki3> I propose next meeting monday 7th Nov at this same time to see how merge is proceeding etc
[17:33:35] <jaheikki3> Sorry, I mean 11 th
[17:33:38] <jaheikki3> ;)
[17:34:21] <thiago> I can't join next week
[17:34:27] <thiago> feel free to find a better time if you need
[17:34:36] -*- thiago will be in Seoul and it's 0:30 there
[17:35:05] <jaheikki3> ;) then it might be ok to meet 13:00 CET?
[17:36:30] <jaheikki3> Nobody disagrees so lets have next meeting Mon 11th Nov 13:00 CET
[17:36:48] <jaheikki3> I think we can end this meeting now. Thanks and bye!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20131104/bf085996/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Releasing mailing list