[Releasing] Qt 5.3 Feature freeze is coming quite soon...
Jani.Heikkinen at digia.com
Thu Jan 16 09:28:42 CET 2014
I want to remind you all that Qt 5.3 feature freeze is coming pretty soon. Feature freeze for Qt 5.3 is 14th Feb 2014 so there is only 4 weeks left for implementing new features.
Qt 5.3 schedule can be found here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.3-release . There is also link to the Qt 5.3 new features page (http://qt-project.org/wiki/New-Features-in-Qt-5.3). You can start collecting list of new features there...
Note: Let's keep the feature freeze date! If your feature isn't ready at that point let's then move it to Qt 5.4 release instead of taking in it in Qt 5.3 and fighting with it whole release time...
This is also action point for each maintainer: Make sure your component is ready for feature freeze at that date.
Just a reminder:
In the feature freeze all new functionality must
- Compile on all reference platforms (If a module/feature is only for one platform, make sure qmake/make does nothing on the other platforms)
- Have tests. Automated tests should cover as much as possible of the new functionality. If certain areas are not covered by automated tests, there must be clarification how testing will be done for those
- Have documentation. No undocumented public API. Basic docs have to be there, only polishing should still be required after the freeze
- Have examples. Have some examples showing how to use the API. Examples need to be linked to from documentation.
In addition, new modules need to
- Follow the branching scheme. dev/stable/release should be there. A new module can be ok to only have dev, with stable being created at branching time.
- Have a CI system. New modules that are going to be part of Qt releases need to have a CI system set up
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing