[Accessibility] qtspeech status

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Tue Oct 14 04:21:58 CEST 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 06:56:46AM AEDT, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Also, I had imagined that rather than having spd default configuration
> api in qtspeech itself that we could/would have jovie become a kcm to
> wrap spd-conf itself. Maybe another tool could be added like qtconfig
> too, not sure, for those not wanting for whatever reason to run a kcm
> or spd-conf itself.

At the moment a roadmap of future Speech Dispatcher development discussion is happening on the Speech Dispatcher list. One thing that Brailcom initially proposed, and I support, is moving Speech Dispatcher's configuration to gsettings. I would like to take this further, and allow clients to be able to configure settings themselves on a client basis, and it would be implemented such that the client would not know how the settings were being handled. So given this is implemented, I woudl see no reason for any of your code to wrap spd-conf, since spd-conf would likely be refactored to allw the user to configure Speech Dispatcher settings.

Luke