[Accessibility] qtspeech status

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Tue Oct 14 23:04:57 CEST 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 05:23:55AM AEDT, Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Luke,
>
> Yeah, that's fine to remove spd-conf completely and use gsettings for
> settings, np. I was thinking the kcm would write to the .ini files
> themselves, but once speech-dispatcher is using gsettings I guess the
> kcm would need to link to glib and use the GSettings api to read/write
> configuration changes.

My thought is that you shouldn't have to worry about how Speech DIspatcher stores config changes, the API will likely be extended such that you can change the settings you want for the currently running client, and Speech Dispatcher takes care of storing them for you, no linking against glib explicitly.

Luke