[Accessibility] basic accessibility in qt 5.4

Andrei Tuicu andrei.tuicu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:00:27 CET 2015

Hello Steve!

I have recently found out that JAWS is highly configurable using Jaws
Scripts. Qt applications will send the same information to any assistive
technology, but they might get filtered. From what I saw, NVDA is
more talkative, but that's because JAWS filters more events. If you want to
see how an event is handled by Jaws (provided that you didn't wrote a
script yourself) check the DEFAULT.jss script and search for the matching
function. You can find the script by opening Utilities menu -> Script
Manager. I don't think it's recommended to make changes there, but you can
write a script for your own application to get the desired behavior.

Have a nice day,
Andrei