[Android-development] Android style in Qt 5.2RC1

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Tue Dec 3 09:53:26 CET 2013

On 12/03/2013 08:12 AM, BogDan wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    It was my mistake, I updated the article. Long time ago (5.1.x times), Quick Controls used to use the Widgets QStyle plugin for styling. When I wrote the article I could not test it because the declarative module didn't work at all... and I assumed that noting was changed. Sadly, I was wrong! And Quick Controls are not using Widgets QStyle for styling anymore.

The QtWidgets dependency in Qt Quick Controls was removed on Android by
default to minimize the application sizes, but I think it's possible to
build it manually with a dependency on QtWidgets. If you do this, I
think it should use QStyle for styling the components. Note that I
haven't tested this myself and I don't know exactly how to enable
widgets dependency in controls again, but I don't think it should be too
hard.

In the long run, we need something similar to the Android style in pure
QML, and also a solution for applications that are not using Ministro.

-- Eskil