[Android-development] Android port problems

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 18:09:09 CET 2013

Hi,

Today I tested a little bit more the android port, I tried to compile and run as many platforms I could, the results are not very promising:
 - armv5 + thumb instructions (release):
    * fail to compile with gcc 4.7
    * can be compiled with gcc 4.4.3 but fails to run on device/emulator (SIGILL).
 - armv5 + arm instructions (debug):
   * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.7 and runs with no problems on device/emulator.

 - armv7 + thumb instructions (release):
    * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.7 and runs with no problems on device/emulator.
    * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.4.3 but fails to run on device/emulator (SIGILL).
 - armv5 + arm instructions (debug):
   * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.7 and runs with no problems on device/emulator.

 -mips (release):
    * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.7 and runs with no problems on emulator, sadly the debugger doesn't work.

 -x86 (release):
    * compiles perfectly with gcc 4.7, sadly I could not test it on emulator because it didn't start at all.

The only thing that kills me is the fact that gcc 4.4.3 produces faulty code for arm + thumb.
GCC 4.4.3 is the default compiler and it works with no problems for Necessitas (armv5/7 +thumb) ...

Cheers,
BogDan.