[Android-development] qsharedmemory_ashmem implementation

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Wed Feb 20 13:57:19 CET 2013

Hi,

I have been working on https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29524
and after reading the code, the implementation does look a bit wrong, as
Thiago suggested on development at . When I test QSharedMemory with a very simple
program, it always fails on Android.

This makes me suspect that there is indeed something wrong with the
implementation we have now in Qt5. Has it been verified to work with Necessitas
and Qt4?

Since we have very little time left, my preference is to revert to the old
qsharedmemory_android.cpp, and document that shared memory is not supported on
Android for Qt 5.1. I don't think this will be a showstopper, since I  believe
that shared memory is not all that useful for app development.

- Paul