[Android-development] Attempting a port to Android - Notes and Suggestions

Patricia Aas paaas at cisco.com
Tue Feb 26 11:34:48 CET 2013

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:06:17 +0100, Patricia Aas <paaas at cisco.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:52:44 +0100, Patricia Aas <paaas at cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> D ) QGenericPlugin loading, Qt doesn't seem to find it and/or load it
>> when
>> I package it in libs.
>> Now this did not work out of the box, and I ended up loading it myself,
>> but after the round with QDeclarativeExtensionPlugin in C), I am hoping
>> that setting the plugin path to libs would make this work out of the
>> box.
>> *fingers crossed*
>
> For archive reasons (before I hack it to work and totally forget about
> it)
> I will repeat here something I wrote on irc:
>
> With regard to the QGenericPlugin issue :
>
> The bug seems to be that in QFactoryLoader::update() in
> qfactoryloader.cpp
> a suffix (generic/) is added to the path. And there are no subdirectories
> in lib.
>
> The suffix is set to /generic in qgenericpluginfactory.cpp
>
> This is the same problem again - it requires a folder structure in lib
>
> I guess you can make an issue for that:
>
> * Not possible to load QGenericPlugins

Tested :

Created "plugins/generic" directories in files and copied my
QGenericPlugin there, and set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to point to files/plugins and
it loaded and create was call as expected.

This confirms the above : the problem is that QFactoryLoader::update()
expects a directory called "generic", and this does not exist in lib.

--
Patricia Aas
Developer