[Android-development] Naming of Qt/Android components

Paul Olav Tvete paul.tvete at digia.com
Wed Jan 23 10:26:46 CET 2013

Should we change some of the code names inside Necessitas to be more
descriptive? When I have to do changes that include the java code, I always
get confused between the different directories that contain similarly named
classes with the same function names. Here are some of the names I'm thinking
about:

Quadruplor
Industrius
Ministro
Origo

I know that in a couple of weeks, these names are going to be completely
natural to me too, but I think that these names will make it more difficult for
new people to understand the codebase in the future. My suggestion is that we
change (at least most of) those names to be slightly longer, more descriptive,
and based on English rather than Latin.

There is a task for changing the "org.kde" brand to "org.qtproject" in the
java code (QTBUG-29038). If we want to change the component naming, it should
probably be done at the same time.

- Paul