[Android-development] Problems with statically built qt5.1 beta1 for android (Quick1)

Imre Tarjányi tarjanyi.imre01 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 11:45:53 CEST 2013

Thank you for your quick(1) response.

I have already solved the black screen problem which was caused by a kind
of syntax error in qml file, so it did not depend on the static building.
(But, unfortunately there was no log message about the interpreting
failure).
However, I have another question related to the deployment mechanism. You
mentioned that:

"The default deployment mechanism in Qt 5 will bundle libraries without
using Ministro."
Do you mean the Qt libraries will be put into the final .apk file? Can I do
that in Qt creator 2.7.1 now? If yes, how? ( currently the deployment of
extra libraries is performed by 'adb' via simple file copy to
/data/local/tmp/qt/ )

Best Regards
Imre Tarjanyi

2013/5/31 Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt <eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com>

>  On 05/31/2013 02:03 PM, Imre Tarjányi wrote:
>
>    I ran into problems when I tried to build qt5.1 beta1 statically, some
> of them could be solved, but in the end the resulting application (Android,
> QtQuick 1) produced strange results, like displaying only a black screen
> although for example timers and logging work.
>
> These are the steps I made to get here:
> - I followed instructions of
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ForAndroidBuilding page, but I modified the
> configure command to be able to compile a project (prevent requirement of
> non-existing "libqandroid"): http://pastebin.com/9epUUs1B
>  - then modified QtNative.java and QtActivity.java to load our shared
> library (which now contains Qt libraries as well) from QtNative because
> JNI_onLoad() got the wrong Java environment (QtNative couldn't find a class
> because it was visible only from that)
>  - libmyproject.so was made by hand via linking everything (for now)
>
>  Is there a way right now to build a working static version for quick1?
>
>  If not, do you plan to implement it in 5.1 final?
>
>  Our goal would be to pack every qt library in a single binary to reduce
> package size (without using ministro).
>

> Hi,
>
> There is no plans to support statically building in Qt 5.1, no. But if you
> venture that way, let us know how it goes :)
>
> The default deployment mechanism in Qt 5 will bundle libraries without
> using Ministro. There is probably a little space to be saved by linking
> statically, but from my experience it's no likely to be much, especially
> for a Qt Quick application where nearly all functions are potentially
> called.
>
> -- Eskil

Udv.: Tarjányi Imre