[Android-development] Using Android action bar with Qt 5.1 for android

Yuqing Zhu gzching at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 08:49:35 CEST 2013

Hi theres,

I've been trying to implement android's action bar in my Qt project without
success. I used QMenuBar at first which showed android's option menu as
exprected under both software and hardware button setting. When I used
software buttons, the overflow menu button showed on soft button area. I
tried to use QToolbar, but it just showed on the top of the screen, look
just like a Windows toolbar, not a bit like android's action bar.

My question is, Is android's action bar supported in Qt 5.1, if yes, what
do I need to do to implement it in my project? Thanks.

My environment:

Qt 5.1 beta on Ubuntu
Android API level 17 in 480x800 emulator (Software & Hardware buttons)

Regards,
Yu