[Android-development] Full-featured video player

Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt Eskil Eskil.Abrahamsen-Blomfeldt at digia.com
Mon May 20 10:51:05 CEST 2013

Hi,

In the Qt for Android port, the media player APIs in Android are used to decode video, so the video formats supported are the ones supported by the platform.

If you want to support additional video formats, you can write a plugin for QtMultimedia which uses the technology of your choice. If you look in QtMultimedia, there are several examples for this, e.g. a gstreamer-based plugin.

-- Eskil