[Android-development] Running native executables directly

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Thu May 30 17:00:10 CEST 2013

Hi Alvaro,

I think that's gr8 idea and I would also like to do same.

this links prove that it's totally possible
http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/05/21/introducing-boot-to-qt-a-technology-preview/

If digia can do then opensource community can also do. But I think there is
no any predefined documentation to achieve that some one need to try first.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM, Alvaro Burnett <alvaroburnett at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm thinking that it would be interesting if we could simply build the
> native side of our Qt applications and avoid the whole Java/apk stuff. Then
> run the executable from a terminal or otherwise. This would make build
> times a lot shorter.
>
> I'm not even sure if this is possible for GUI applications or it only
> works for command line applications. If it's technically possible, I'm
> willing to work on it.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma