[Android-development] Problems with statically built qt5.1 beta1 for android (Quick1)

Imre Tarjányi tarjanyi.imre01 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 14:03:11 CEST 2013

I ran into problems when I tried to build qt5.1 beta1 statically, some of
them could be solved, but in the end the resulting application (Android,
QtQuick 1) produced strange results, like displaying only a black screen
although for example timers and logging work.

These are the steps I made to get here:
- I followed instructions of
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ForAndroidBuilding page, but I modified the
configure command to be able to compile a project (prevent requirement of
non-existing "libqandroid"): http://pastebin.com/9epUUs1B
- then modified QtNative.java and QtActivity.java to load our shared
library (which now contains Qt libraries as well) from QtNative because
JNI_onLoad() got the wrong Java environment (QtNative couldn't find a class
because it was visible only from that)
- libmyproject.so was made by hand via linking everything (for now)

Is there a way right now to build a working static version for quick1?

If not, do you plan to implement it in 5.1 final?

Our goal would be to pack every qt library in a single binary to reduce
package size (without using ministro).

Best Regards
Imre Tarjanyi