[Android-development] Qt5 Android with CMake

Matt.Bolger at csiro.au Matt.Bolger at csiro.au
Fri Nov 8 04:46:31 CET 2013

Hi,

We have a decent size codebase using Qt4 and CMake and would like to work towards having Android (and eventually iOS) ports of applications that are built using this codebase. I've recently updated our CMake files to build using Qt5 on desktop platforms, I've also played with some simple apps built using Qt5.2 and Qt Creator 3's Android deployment. I've also made some simple apps with the android-cmake toolchain (https://code.google.com/p/android-cmake/) and seen some posts about decoupling the Android magic out of Qt Creator http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2013/10/09/android-deployment-in-qt-5-2/.

My request is for any help in tying this all together to support building Android applications with Qt and CMake (as opposed to qmake based .pro projects). Maybe someone is already doing this? Maybe there's plans to support it (since CMake is already support for Qt5 desktop apps)? Maybe someone could help guide me though what new development would be needed to support this?

Any information would be fantastic.

Thanks

Matt Bolger
Software Engineer & Research Projects Officer
Computational Modelling Group
CSIRO Computational Informatics
www.csiro.au/workspace<http://www.csiro.au/workspace>