[Android-development] Qt5 on Android question...

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Wed Oct 30 09:03:30 CET 2013

On 10/29/2013 10:34 PM, BRM wrote:
> I'm working to get Qt5 setup for working with Android. I had an older
> R18 SDK installed that compiled just fine, but then the emulator
> version wouldn't compile. So I'm updating the SDK now and rebuilding
> both, using what i think is the R22 SDK (from the ADT Zip download for
> Linux 64-bit). Any how...I was looking a little more through the Qt5
> for Android stuff and noticed the list of tested devices
> (http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ForAndroidSupportedDevices). I have,
> and am planning to use, a Nexus One (loaded with CM7 Passion Stable,
> 7.2.0) and an ASUS Tranformer Inifinity (TF700T, latest Android
> 4.2.1). Any reason I should expect problems with either or both?
>
> While I know the NexusOne is pretty much a "legacy" device; I'd be
> happy to lend a hand where I can with supporting it ant he TF700T -
> both are primary devices for me, but I do dev on them nonetheless,
> usually after I pass things through an Android emulator.

The tested devices are just that: Devices where someone has successfully
run a Qt for Android app and reported it to us. The actual list is
probably longer, since not everyone updates the list, and there's no
specific reason to expect devices that are missing from the list to
fail. The list is mainly there so we can make sure we have confirmed it
works on a good range of devices.

Once you've tested on NexusOne and TF700, it would be great if you could
add them to the list :) If there should be any issues, we would be happy
to have your help in fixing them.

-- Eskil