[Android-development] Building from command line

Matěj Hrazdíra matejhrazdira at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:23:40 CEST 2013

Hi,
I have some issues with building Android application from command line.

I'm using Qt 5.1.1 and Qt Creator 2.8.1. I can build and run my app from Qt
Creator (deploy on emulator or real device), but I need to be able to build
application from command line / shell script.

When building for desktop, I can build my app with simple script:

#!/bin/bash
# call qmake
~/Qt5.1.1/5.1.1/gcc_64/bin/qmake ~/qtworkspace/helloqt/qttest/untitled/
untitled.pro -r -spec linux-g++
# call make
/usr/bin/make
# run app
./untitled

But for Android, calling qmake and make like this:

#!/bin/bash
# set system environment
export ANDROID_HOME=~/android-sdk-linux
# ... other variables ...
# call qmake
~/Qt5.1.1/5.1.1/android_armv7/bin/qmake
~/qtworkspace/helloqt/qttest/untitled/untitled.pro -r -spec android-g++
# call make
/usr/bin/make INSTALL_ROOT="~/qtworkspace/helloqt/qttest/untitled/android"
install

installs only libuntitled.so to Android libs directory. But when I deploy
my app from Qt Creator, Qt Creator creates a plenty of different libs in
Android libs directory, like gnustl_shared.so, libQt5Core.so, and few
lib--Managed_by_Qt_Creator--plugins_XXX.so.

Next step would be calling ant to build Android apk package, but this is
quite easy.

Does anybody know where to get those libraries, or which command should I
use to create them automatically??? Or where can I get some support? I
spend few days googling, but with no results.

There is no command associated with this operation in Qt Creator project
settings.

Thanks.