[Android-development] Is 5.1 Android version of QT not support SSL?

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Tue Sep 24 12:00:02 CEST 2013

On 09/24/2013 12:04 PM, Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded
> http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.1/5.1.1/qt-windows-opensource-5.1.1-android-x86-win32-offline.exe
>
> I found a macro QT_NO_SSL, so the class QSslSocket is undefined, is
> 5.1 Android version of QT not support SSL?
>
> Do I need to recompile 5.1 Android QT source code to support SSL?

You will need to compile the unreleased Qt for Android 5.2 to support
SSL and configure Qt for OpenSSL support when you build.

When Qt 5.2 is released, it will be built with run-time support of
OpenSSL like on other platforms, which means your application will
support SSL provided that you include and load the OpenSSL libraries.

-- Eskil