[Android-development] Forcing native menubar to show

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Thu Apr 3 19:39:31 CEST 2014

Coming back on this:

I have investigated using QtAndroid (5.3.0-beta1) to achieve that and I
guess this is the way to go.

I have tried various things involving QAndroidJniObject,
QAndroidJniEnvironment and QtAndroid::androidActivity(), but didn't
succeed to get what I want.

For instance:

     QAndroidJniObject activity=QtAndroid::androidActivity();
     bool b=QAndroidJniObject::isClassAvailable("android/app/Activity");
     qWarning()<<"class available?"<<b;
     //QAndroidJniObject activity("android/app/Activity");
     if(activity.isValid())
     {
         qWarning()<<"activity is valid";
         activity.callMethod<void>("openOptionsMenu","()V");
     }

I guess my approach is too simplistic but I couldn't google any good
example to do this..

Any help or hint would be really appreciated

Thanks
Philippe LELONG