[Android-development] Release Mode in Qt Creator

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Wed Apr 9 10:24:18 CEST 2014

On 04/09/2014 10:12 AM, Kirill Bukaev wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> I am going to create a release version of APK and doing that as in
> https://www.kdab.com/qt-android-episode-4/
>
> But after I chose "Release Mode"(without signing) Qt Creator still
> produces "QtApp-debug.apk". How can I fix that?

You cannot make a release package without signing it. All APK packages
have to be signed. Debug packages are signed with a debug key. If you
don't want that, then you need to sign it with a different key.

If you selected "Release" in your build settings, your C++ will still be
compiled with release flags, though. The "-debug" in the file name only
indicates that the package is signed with a debug key and cannot be
deployed to any store.

-- Eskil