[Android-development] openSSL loading on Android not working?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Thu Apr 10 18:46:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have bundled the latest openSSL libs (1.0.1g) into my apk according to
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/opensslsupport.html

However my test app, which simply displays QSslSocket::sslLibraryVersionString(),
still tells me the older version 1.0.0e

I have an Android Tablet (Pengpod 700) and I found out that it has
already libcrypto and libssl installed in /system/lib

Checking Qt sources I do not find any traces of the ssl libs loading
mechanism to first try to load the bundled libs (e.g. giving the absolute
path to /data/data/<app>/lib/libcrypto.so)

Am I missing something here or is this a bug which should be fixed in Qt ?
(e.g. in qsslsocket_openssl_symbols.cpp loadOpenSsl())

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at