[Android-development] Qt Location

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Tue Aug 12 17:12:11 CEST 2014

Hi,

QtLocation has not been released yet (although the QML API is frozen). That's why you cannot find any binaries for it. I haven't tested it myself on Android but I have heard from multiple sources that it is working. If you want to try it you have to compile it yourself. I suggest to try the Qt 5.4 version as it doesn't have the Qt3D dependency anymore.

At the end of the day it still won't give you Google Maps. Googles T&Cs don't permit its integration. You may choose from OSM or Nokia maps.
--
Alex