[Android-development] How to get device or Android version?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Dec 11 18:14:06 CET 2014

I've been testing a bit with Kindler Fire HD 7 2nd gen, which is based
on Android 4.0.3.

It mostly works, but some things behave oddly.
For instance, MessageDialog is unusable, it renders fullscreen near
black on black text.   I'm not sure if the is the general Android 4.0.3
experience, or due to some Amazon customization.

I'm not sure if it is worth it to submit a bug report, Android 4.0.x is
pretty old and this may be Kindle Fire specific.

I could work around this by doing my own fallback MessageDialog, but I'd
like to use my fallback only if Android version is less that 4.2, or a
specific device is used, etc.

Is there some Qt C++ or QML way to pull the OS version and device info,
or do I need to go native on this one?

Thanks,

Harri