[Android-development] Any know issues qith QTcpSocket?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Tue Dec 16 14:07:38 CET 2014

Hi,

I don't have any concrete proof yet, just a feeling that something might
be off in QTcpSocket on Android, as if QTcpSocket::readyRead signal
would not always fire, or all the bytes would not be flushed when writing.

Does this ring a bell?

The reason I'm entertaining these thoughts is that I have remote control
function in my app Stoppola, so basically the camera viewfinder is
transmitted to another Stoppola so that you can shoot without touching
the camera, which is important for stop motion filming.   At times the
connection seems to freeze, but usually it resumes by itself.

I'm well aware that my protocol implementation over tcp/ip could be
buggy, but I haven't yet found anything wrong with it when examining the
code.  Furthermore, I only get this issue when talking Android to
Android.  If I pair iOS, Linux or OSX with each other, or with Android
everything seems to be working perfectly.

Right now my hypothesis is that QAbstractSocket::flush() is not
necessarily called by the event loop on Android, so I'm trying adding
manual calls to that.

But as I'm just guessing, before I start looking into packet analyzers,
any ideas?

Thanks,

Harri