[Android-development] Look of widgets on Android

A. Savelov s_savelov at mail.ru
Mon Dec 29 08:59:12 CET 2014

You understood me right: I wanted to clip off left 200 pixels. In general, I'm seeking for approach in Qml similar to QScrollArea in widgets, where I can dynamically form and draw part of the scene which is updated (in widgets I could get rect for update from QPaintEvent). The main criterion is effectiveness.

Mon, 29 Dec 2014 07:43:41 +0000 от Rutledge Shawn <Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com>:

>On 26 Dec 2014, at 13:53, A. Savelov < s_savelov at mail.ru > wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> It seems that canvasWindow doesn't change its position or I'm doing smth wrong.
>> This is my qml code, whick draws line from (0,0) position instead of (200,0)
>>
>> import QtQuick 2.4
>> import QtQuick.Window 2.2
>>
>> Window {
>>     visible: true
>>
>>     Canvas {
>>         id: canvas
>>         canvasSize: "1000x1000"
>>         tileSize: "100x100"
>>         canvasWindow: Qt.rect(200,0,300,300);
>>
>>         onPaint: {
>>             var ctx = getContext("2d");
>>             ctx.save();
>>
>>             ctx.strokeStyle = "red";
>>             ctx.lineWidth = 20;
>>
>>             // ![0]
>>             ctx.beginPath();
>>             ctx.moveTo(0,0);
>>             ctx.lineTo(1000,1000);
>>             ctx.closePath();
>>             ctx.stroke();
>>             // ![0]
>>
>>             ctx.restore();
>>         }
>>     }
>> }
>
>That is not specific to Android.  It doesn’t seem like correct behavior to me; not sure.  You expected it to clip off the left 200 pixels, right?  But it’s the same on desktop platforms.  Setting clip: true doesn’t make a difference.  All the autotests in qtdeclarative/tests/auto/quick/qquickcanvasitem are passing though, and some of them are testing canvasWindow.
>
>If you wanted to offset it, you can of course set the x and y since it’s an Item.
Best regards, A.Savelov