[Android-development] ministro and x86/arm

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Tue Dec 30 09:11:18 CET 2014

Hello,

I distribute 2 apks (based on qt 5.3.2) for the same application via
google-play, one for x86 and the other for arm. The only difference
between the apks is the version code.

According to the documentation, google will deliver the correct apk
depending on the device, but if a device is capable of running both, it
will deliver the highest version code. So far so good.

This app is deployed with ministro.

Whatever I do I get some users not able to run the app because either
ministro downloaded x86 libraries and the apk they get from google is
compiled for arm, or the opposite. This occurs for instance quite often
(but not always) with people using a Galaxy tab 3. I get better results
if I make sure the version code for x86 is higher than the one for arm,
but even like that I still have cases of not-compatible apk and libs.

Is there anything I can do about that? How is ministro deciding between
x86 and arm in case a device is capable of both?

Thanks and happy new year to all
Philippe Lelong.