[Android-development] Problem restarting Application on Android

Loke Bharti lbharti at gmx.de
Thu Feb 27 21:01:46 CET 2014

I am using Qt creator 5.2 with NDK r9c to develop an application in C++ for multiple platforms on Linux. The application runs okay, and can restore from the application list produced by long-pressing the home button. The problem starts when I try to restart the application from a shortcut icon. The application freezes with almost no interface, and fails completely to restore, or even start. I suppose the Android Activity state is not being used properly, but I am trying to avoid having to deal with the Java parts. Is there any solution to fix this without using Java, and if not then how to go about it with least effort?

Regards
Loknath Bharti