[Android-development] Qt for Android - Extra Features Request

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Thu Jan 9 11:05:31 CET 2014

On 01/09/2014 10:51 AM, Robert Iakobashvili wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> Perhaphs, this this not exactly the right time and priority (bugs with
> opengl, etc),
> but it could be of interest some more Android-natives:
>
> 1. Support of text selection by touch-and-wait in QTextEdit, etc and
> Copy-Paste in-line menus;
> 2. Zooming by gestures and other support for gestures;
> 3. S-Pen support for Sumsung devices with Samsung SDK;
>
> Is it worth to file the above as some feature requests for voting
> or people on the list think that it is too premature to do?

Hi,

I think it's worth reporting your suggestions. For text selection we
already have this, though:

And there is already gesture support in Qt, but I guess you mean the
default components having hooks for it? We have the following for better
panning in scroll areas:

Nothing for zooming though. Please feel free to report the suggestions :)

-- Eskil