[Android-development] QLineEdit and virtual keyboard

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Thu Jul 24 12:03:49 CEST 2014

Ok then, but this is weird to me. As a user I do not expect the virtual
keyboard's OK button to close the dialog, but just to close the virtual
keyboard so I can continue with other fields.

I have tried to setDefault(false) all the buttons in the dialog but it
still calls done(), so it seems I cannot modify this behavior.

Note that pressing the physical "ok" button on the device just close the
virtual keyboard and not the dialog.

Well... It seems I have to get used to it ;)

Le 24-07-2014 10:50, BogDan a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The ok button is treated as Enter button of your keyboard. And AFAIK if you'll test the same dialog on your desktop you'll get the same results.
>
> Cheers,
> BogDan.
>
> -------------------------
> FROM: "maitai at virtual-winds.org" <maitai at virtual-winds.org>
> TO: Android Development <Android-development at qt-project.org>
> SENT: Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:42 AM
> SUBJECT: [Android-development] QLineEdit and virtual keyboard
>
> Hello,
>
> The OK button of the virtual keyboard is treated as the default OK
> button of the QDialog containing a QLineEdit being modified.
>
> Is it normal? I would expect the ok button just to valid the current
> capture, but in fact the event is forwarded to the QDialog. Anyway to
> avoid that?
>
> Thanks
> Philippe LELONG

Links: