[Android-development] QWidget and Qt Quick

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Thu Jun 5 09:04:46 CEST 2014

On 06/04/2014 09:08 PM, Jon Mullen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> With this bug https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39333 and
> this https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-37907 is it even
> possible on android to mix QWidgets and Qt Quick? My exact use case is
> the example in bug  39333.

Currently it's not possible to composite Qt Quick windows on top of Qt
Widgets windows, no. It should be possible to do it the other way
around. Also note that overlapping Qt Quick windows will potentially get
the wrong stacking order since Android does not support stacking more
than two GL-surfaces.

Bogdan wrote an informative blog about it:

     http://www.kdab.com/future-qt-android-looks-bright/

May I ask why you are using Qt Widgets? Is it because you are importing
code from existing projects or does Qt Quick Controls not suit your needs?

-- Eskil