[Android-development] unable to show/hide QDialog on Android

maitai at virtual-winds.org maitai at virtual-winds.org
Mon Jun 9 16:18:54 CEST 2014

Hello,

This question is related somehow to

When calling a QQuickView from a non-GL window on Android, you need to
hide this window in order to correctly show the view. Therefore if you
call it from a QDialog you also need to hide this QDialog before.

The problem is that it's not possible to show back the dialog.

This simple sequence (from a QDialog-derived object):

    this->hide();
    QColor color(Qt::blue); /* or whatever in between */
    this->show();

This does not show back the dialog. I supposed it is stacked somewhere
"behind" the QMainWindow, but I didn't find a way to get it back on top
(I also tried raised() and mainwindow->stackUnder(this) but no way to
get my dialog back).

This is not related to QQuickView. In fact the problem is that there is
no way to get a QDialog shown again once it has been hidden...

Maybe there is something else I can do to get my QDialog back on the
screen?

On a side note I would expect QMainWindow->hide() to also hide any
QDialog shown at that moment. This this the way it behaves under windows
but not on Android.

This is under 5.3.0 on Android.

Thanks for any hints
Philippe LELONG