[Android-development] Regarding Qt 5.3 RC1

Kirill Bukaev kirill.bukaev at gmail.com
Thu May 8 23:23:27 CEST 2014

Hello everyone.

I was glad to meet a release candidate of Qt 5.3 but after I built my app
with it I got frustrated.
Just want to show you videos:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl3dd33i8tsehdk/Qt_5.2.1.avi
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21ebjfz39wijwse/Qt_5.3_RC1.avi

This is the same app, I had no any modification of code.
With Qt 5.3 it even freezed as you see in the last video (Android 4.1.2).
Under Android 2.3.5 no freezes.
Also I wonder why the busy indicator just freezed as app start? It is like
Loader is not working asynchronously anymore. In Qt 5.2.1 it worked pretty
good.

I have also additional questions:
1) Why pages in StackView are loading slow first time and then pretty fast
(first time we see a busy indicator, but in next times we don't, because
2) Does QML MediaPlayer supports lowest versions of Android (like 2.3.5)? I
use it for playing audio/

Thanks,
Kirill