[Android-development] Qt way to specify extSdCard

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at theqtcompany.com
Thu Nov 20 14:48:28 CET 2014

On 20 Nov 2014, at 12:21, Harri Pasanen <harri at mpaja.com> wrote:

> Is there a Qt way to specify a path to memory card, what ES Filemanager
> refers to as extSdCard?
>
> For example:
>
> QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::PicturesLocation)
>
> Seems to be on phone internal memory.
>
> Samsung S4 mini seems to save its photos to DCIM directory on the memory
> card, but I don't remember if it asked me or just started using it after
> I inserted a microSD card.

QTBUG-36171 and QTBUG-40154 are related.

I think we will need to add a new standard path for the “camera roll” because none of the existing ones point to DIRECTORY_DCIM as documented here: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/Environment.html  PicturesLocation is the same as DIRECTORY_PICTURES, often /sdcard/Pictures.  Of course some platforms don’t have such a directory, but the docs say for several of them "If no directory specific for X exists, a sensible fallback for storing user documents is returned.”  So maybe the camera path should fall back to the pictures path if there is no camera, or something.