[Android-development] using getwindow.setFlags from a JNI activity object

Fernando Pelliccioni fpelliccioni at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:56:19 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM, <maitai at virtual-winds.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to set/clear FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON when GPS positionning is
> activated/deactivated. I read that I should be doing something like
>
> activity.getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON);
>
> So I'm trying to get an activity instance with
> QAndroidJniObject qtActivity = QtAndroid::androidActivity();
> or
> QAndroidJniObject qtActivity =
>
> QAndroidJniObject::callStaticObjectMethod("org/qtproject/qt5/android/QtNative",
> "activity", "()Landroid/app/Activity;");
>
> and then no luck, whatever I tried concerning callMethod() and
> similar....
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thanks
> Philippe Lelong

I'm stuck with the same problem.
All the Java examples I saw, set the FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON flag on the
onCreate() method of the Activity subclass, like:

public class MyActivity extends Activity {
//...
    @Override
    protected void onCreate(Bundle x) {
        super.onCreate(x);
        //...

getWindow().addFlags(WindowManager.LayoutParams.FLAG_KEEP_SCREEN_ON);
        //...
    }
}

How can we inherit from QtActivity and put code on the onCreate() function?
(in Qt 5.3)

Thanks and regards,
Fernando Pelliccioni.