[Android-development] Forcing native menubar to show

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at theqtcompany.com
Mon Oct 6 08:57:48 CEST 2014

On 10/05/2014 07:44 AM, maitai at virtual-winds.org wrote:
> Finally found this:
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-32002
>
> And by tagetting api level 10 AND making sure that qt-5.3.2 is used by
> ministro I get a working menu button on a device without physical keys.
>
> Now the question is what do I loose by setting the target api to 10
> instead of for instance 19?

Setting the target API will mainly enable compatibility features such as
the overflow button in the navigation bar. I don't have the full
overview of what the compatibility features with API 10 are, but I think
the overflow button versus action bar is one of the main ones. On your
API level 15 device, Qt should actually use the action bar instead by
default (it was added in API 11). Is that not showing in your
application? That is perhaps the actual bug here.

By the way: Which Qt versions were you using when the menu button showed
but did not work?

-- Eskil