[Android-development] QAudioDecoder support on mobile

Joaquim Rocha joaquimrocha1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 20:38:50 CEST 2014

Hi,

According to http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_Multimedia_Backends and a quick
test I did on Android, the QAudioDecoder doesn’t seem to be supported on
this platform and probably others (I get ‘no service found for –
“org.qt-project.qt.audiodecode”’).

I would like to know if this is correct and whether there are plans to
support decoding audio at least on Android and iOS.

Regarding games development, AFAIK none of the other multiplatform dev
frameworks has support for this so I personally think it would be a great
feature for Qt to have.

Cheers,
Joaquim Rocha
http://www.joaquimrocha.com