[Android-development] What's with the theming?

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Mon Sep 29 22:31:46 CEST 2014

Hi again,

I recall vaguely following from the sidelines about something in
Qt/Necessitas picking up the standard Android theme and using that on
Android for Qt widget based apps.  Did something along those lines happen?

Anyway, I have noticed that nowadays, since 5.2 or so, my carefully
selected palette I'm using in the designer gets overwritten on Android.
But the resulting buttons look the drab Qt default, black text on light
gray.   On my Nexus 7 nothing appears to have those colors, everything
is more or less white on black.

My users don't care, as I'm literally writing software for the blind.
It bugs be a bit though, I imagine the battery consumption is higher
with all that white.
Plus for some users with limited vision it would be good if I could
select a color palette that is high contrast.

I honestly don't care if the default is Android, but I do care that I
can pick what I use.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Harri

PS. I think this is the third time I've posted a variation of this mail,
so far no answers.