[Android-development] Qt 5.5 issues

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sun Apr 19 21:05:47 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I compiled Qt 5.5 from git for Android to check some things.
Specifically, some touch event handling seems to be iffy
with Android 5.x and Qt 5.4, things have started to fail or work with
glitches.

Good news is that Qt 5.5 seems to fix these touch event issues. However,
there seem to be number of
display issues in exchange.

One Qt 5.5 regression is that Qt Widgets application
QMainWindow::showFullScreen() does not seem to work.

Adding the attribute
android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Wallpaper.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
to <application> in manifest does make it full screen, but the screen is
then all black, none of the buttons are visible.
In my case that is actually not so much of a problem, as my application
is a self voicing application for the blind...
but still strange.   Also, on KitKat it is not full screen even with the
attribute, some sort of status or menu bar remains at lower
edge of display.

I understand Qt 5.5 is work in progress, so I'm not sure if it makes any
point in submitting bug reports to Jira yet?

Cheers,

Harri

PS.  I haven't  gotten any mail on this list for a month or so, I wonder
if some mailing list migration passed ok?