[Android-development] Android QQuickWidget and sony xperia

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Sun Dec 20 16:10:48 CET 2015

Hello,

I have several users reporting a crash (more probably an ANR in fact)
when calling a QQuickWidget inside a regular QDialog on Android 5.0.1.
The common point between them (apart from the Android version) is that
they are all running the app on a sony xperia device. It's systematic,
and occurs only on these phones as far a I can tell for the time being.
The crash log I receive is empty so I cannot exploit it.

I have installed sony add-on to get xperia simulator in AVD but still
cannot reproduce the problem here (Qt 5.5.1).

Is there something special I should know about xperia devices? A problem
with openGL?

Thanks
Philippe Lelong