[Android-development] Qt and Android NDK

Frederic Champ champ.frederic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 08:53:55 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a multi-platform open source project called fw4spl (
https://github.com/fw4spl-org) and we started the android implementation.

Our goal is to use the NDK with the less Java code as possible. The entry
point of our application is the android_main that initializes an
android_native_app. We have some working PoCs with VTK (not VES) and now we
want to use Qt to make the app gui.

If I’m not wrong, it’s the android platform plugin that initializes its own
app context by getting the Java env with some JNI calls and Qt java files
like QtApplication.java.
Then I tried to use eglfs and minimalegl platform plugins to set up my app
context but both failed: eglfs can't access to the framebuffer fb0 (not
root) and minimalegl crash while eglCreateWindowSurface() is called...

Is there an other way to set up a qt app context in a native way, using the
NDK and an existing android_native_app ?
--
*Frédéric CHAMP*
champ.frederic at gmail.com